Mogo Zoo is a privately-owned zoo that supports an amazing collection of endangered and exotic species. On the coast and just 10 mins south of the popular coastal town of Batemans Bay, the zoo is spread over many acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.
We have multiple positions available for suitable zoo keepers with extensive primate, ungulate, or large carnivore experience. These individuals will have a passion for animal welfare and conservation, and the ability to create an inspiring visitor experience. These are full time positions, working on a 7-day rotating roster including weekends and public holidays.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Providing daily care and welfare to a variety of animals.
- Supervision of other keepers.
- Implementing behavioral enrichment programs.
- Conducting informative presentations to educate visitors.
- Maintaining animal enclosures and exhibits.
- Abiding by the organisation’s Health and Safety and Safe Operating Procedures.
To be considered for this position candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of five years animal husbandry experience.
- Understanding of nutritional planning, breeding programs, and enrichment programs.
- Proven ability to supervise and train other keeping staff.
- Good communication skills, with a professional approach to visitors.
- A high level of physical fitness (heavy lifting will be required in some positions) and an ability to do repetitive tasks.
- Recognised qualifications in captive animal management and/or zoology/biology would be an advantage.
If you wish to apply, for the above positions please email your CV’s to email@example.com by 5pm 31 July 2018.