Are you passionate about conservation and educating guests with a focus on FUN??? Would you like to work for one of Sydney’s star attractions ensuring that our guests have a magical experience from start to finish?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our team at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo as a Vet Nurse.
About the Role
All of our roles are focused on ensuring that our guests are having the most amazing experiences, and here at Merlin we have a real focus on FUN!!
This role will provide a range of services to the WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo Curatorial Department in the areas of animal health and record keeping with the aim of achieving and maintaining best practice industry standards. We can have some flexibility with the days and shift length but ideally this candidate would work 6hr shifts Tuesday-Friday.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for guest experience with a focus on fun. You will also need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing with a minimum of 2 years full time equivalent work in a veterinary hospital or zoo setting.
- Experience in veterinary nursing practices, including surgical, anaesthesiology, medical, diagnostic and pathology laboratory procedures and maintenance of veterinary and medical supplies and equipment. Experience in critical care nursing of neonates will be highly favoured
- Certificate III in Captive Animals or equivalent zoo industry experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the role of animal records and information management.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of records.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written skills and ability to train and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, cope with frequent and unpredictable changes to daily routine and workloads, and to work at times under extreme pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work unsupervised, assess tasks and set priorities.
We are MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS, Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator. Merlin operates 106 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 23 countries and across four continents. We aim to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to our 54 million visitors worldwide, through our iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of our managers and more than 26,000 employees. Why do we do it? For the love of FUN!!!!!!
In the middle of Darling Harbour an amazing animal adventure is also a fantastic place to work!
Whether you’re making the best skim flat white or introducing some of our furry and scaled friends to our guests; every role in our zoo is fun and friendly.
We are all about creating memorable experiences for our guests through animal experiences, fascinating animal facts and offering mementos of your visit. There’s also a strong conservation message threaded through our experience which is a core value for all our team. Oh, and the uniform is great too because everyone looks good in khaki!
If you love animals, feel passionate about conservation and love sharing your enthusiasm with others then we could have the job for you.
So if you are a team player who is vibrant and passionate about creating memorable experiences and educating guests in a great company and team who Love What We Do, we want to hear from you!
To apply please CLICK HERE