Sydney Zoo is a new large metropolitan Zoo currently under construction in Western Sydney with an expected opening date set for the second half of 2019. Sydney Zoo will showcase a broad range of native and exotic animals using modern technology and advanced exhibit design with a strong focus on animal welfare, educating our visitors about animals and their habitats plus their conservation. Environmental and social awareness also plays a vital role in our messaging, focusing on indigenous culture and human influence on the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting new zoo in the role of Ungulate Keeper, utilising your skills in an area that you are genuinely passionate about. This role will commence as soon as possible.
The Ungulate Keeper will be responsible for assisting with the day to day husbandry of the Sydney Zoo animal collection and helping to maintain the public displays to international accepted standards. They will also be responsible for providing guidance on husbandry activities of Junior Zookeepers & volunteers assigned to the Ungulate department and ensuring that standard operating and occupational health and safety procedures are followed.
Skills, Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a zoo or relevant/equivalent industry.
- Extensive experience in the welfare and management of Ungulates.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Driver’s license – the ability to drive a manual vehicle (Desirable)
- Demonstrated commitment to the conservation of species and ecosystems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently or positively contribute to a team environment.
- Proven ability in carrying out daily keeping duties to a high standard ensuring all husbandry and welfare needs are met.
- Recognised qualifications in captive animal management and/or zoology/biology or equivalent experience (Desirable).
Please apply directly via the Sydney Zoo Website Careers Page https://sydneyzoo.com/careers/.
Applicants will be required to provide a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection requirements. Applications close Midday Friday 23rd August 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all Sydney Zoo positions. If you require assistance, please be sure to contact us by email to email@example.com or by phone to 1800 843 966.
Please direct any requests for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Zoo is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.