Zoos South Australia
Are you an engaging storyteller who possesses a passion for conservation and is wildly enthusiastic about providing unique visitor experiences?
Zoos SA is a not-for-profit conservation charity that exists to save species from extinction and connect people with nature. We support and conduct many conservation, breeding and research programs and as part of our conservation efforts we operate both Adelaide and Monarto Zoos.
We’re proud to welcome more than half a million people through our gates each year and we’re not slowing down. With the roll out of our 20-Year Master Plan and a number of exciting projects on the horizon, we’re thrilled to be expanding and evolving our workforce to position us for continued growth into the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE…
We are currently looking for an experienced Tour Host/Driver who will lead the way on delivering unforgettable experiences in interpretive guided safari tours, driver guiding tours, hosting behind the scenes experiences and bush walks.
The position is offered in a permanent part-time capacity with a minimum of 8 hours per week, with the opportunity for additional hours at peak periods.
As part of our Visitor Experience team, you will:
- Provide guided tours whilst safely driving our buses both on and off site
- Engage story telling through the delivery of interpretive guided tours and experiences
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Deliver a quality visitor experience
- Undertake basic cleaning and maintenance checks on buses and Visitor Experience vehicles
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Driver accreditation for large and small passenger vehicles (essential)
- MR (essential) or HR (desired) manual bus licence
- Experience in tour guiding
- Experience in driving large buses
- Excellent customer service, communication, presentation and storytelling skills
- First Aid certificate
- Cert III in Tourism/Tour Guiding desirable
HOW TO APPLY…
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page, attach your resume and any certificates in the education section. This will assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
If you have a strong passion in animal welfare, species conservation, and an eagerness to connect people with nature through engaging commentary, we would love to hear from you!
Please visit the Careers section of the Zoos SA website to apply.