An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Ranger to lead our team at the “boutique” Koala Sanctuary located at Bungalow Bay Koala Village, Magnetic Island. The position is responsible for the daily running of a small sanctuary showcasing 3 x 2 hour daily tours, Breakfast with the Koala’s and educational experiences to visiting international universities.
Bungalow Bay Koala Village is a unique venue offering diversification within the business model. Set on 7 acres the operation offers a wildlife sanctuary, YHA hostel with 35 frame A bungalows sleeping up to 120 guests and resort facilities. The Sanctuary is open to outside guests visiting Magnetic Island, in house guests and group experiences.
The Senior Ranger will responsible for the day to day running of a team of 3 full time rangers and volunteers on a 7 day roster, the successful candidate will be working side by side with the team and “is not” office bound. Bungalow Bay’s collection of Australian Native Animals will remain in your care with the assistance of the team and Director with significant focus on Koala’s.The successful candidate for “Senior Ranger” will naturally be a people person showcasing a willingness to always improve customer service skills and posses a minimum of 3 years of experience in the zoo industry. A Full-time position of 42 hours per week is offered to the Senior Ranger.
- Management of staff. Wildlife presentations and visitor services
- Animal husbandry, management and welfare
- Communication, teamwork and time management
- Adherence and management complying with Policy and Procedures
- Management of Education Program to Visiting International Universities
Please email the following documentation for application to the position of “Senior Ranger”
- Current Resume with up to date Referees
- Microsoft word document outlining your suitability to the above criteria in Primary Responsibilities
- Outline your suitability to living in a small community such as Magnetic Island
Please send to email@example.com
Applications close Monday 22nd October 2018