SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast, Mooloolaba, QLD
About the Role
The role available is focused on ensuring that our guests are having the most amazing experiences and here at Merlin we have a real focus on FUN! Our team members are the friendly welcoming faces of SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast.
The successful candidate will support the Mammal Manager and have diverse tasks including ensuring the mammal pinniped exhibits and behind the scenes areas are maintained adequately, participate in the daily care and behavioural conditioning of pinnipeds, preparing animals diets and participation in animal presentations. This role is perfect for someone looking for an opportunity to work with seals and live a great life style on the sunshine coast.
In order to be successful in this varied role the ideal candidate will demonstrate these essential and desirable requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the marine mammal training field or similar
- Proficient knowledge and application of operant conditioning principles
- Excellent public speaking and visitor services skills
- Excellent observation and record keeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to swim confidently and be able to lift 20kgs
- Hold a Blue Card prior to commencement
- Bachelor degree in biology, zoology, psychology, related field or a certificate in captive animal management or similar.
- Current drivers licence
- First aid or oxygen resuscitation training
For more information and to apply Click Here