The National Zoo and Aquarium is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Keeper to join their team. Extensive experience with Animal husbandry, staff development and teamwork within a recognised zoological institutions is essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to work some (or possibly every) weekend. They must be motivated to achieve institutional and team objectives and will be involved in the daily operations of the section.
They must have
- A minimum of 5 years full-time (or equivalent) experience working with dangerous carnivores.
- Impeccable husbandry standards and safety record.
- A positive team orientated attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage appropriately with the zoo owner, managers, veterinarians and all other work colleagues.
- Experience with conducting encounters, tours and presentations with a positive, customer focused attitude.
- A work health and safety focus for yourself, the team and the public at all times.
- Experience with conducting Cheetah encounters or be willing to learn. The role will require you to work on sections that have unprotected contact with Cheetah. If your application is shortlisted you may also be required to meet our Cheetah during the interview process.
Other Desirable skills include:
- Primate and/or Ungulate Experience
- Good record keeping skills
- A passion for wildlife conservation
The National Zoo and Aquarium is a privately owned, family run business that has a passion for what we do and how we do it. We aim to deliver a quality experience to our animals, other team members and of course our visitors. Come and join our team.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to; firstname.lastname@example.org
by COB Friday 2 August 2019
Please include a minimum of 3 relevant referees