Featherdale Wildlife Park is seeking to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced Reptile Keeper to join our Animal Care Department.
The successful candidate will report to the Curator of Reptiles and will be joining a dedicated team of professionals to maintain a diverse native reptile collection including a large Estuarine Crocodile, Elapids, Pythons and Monitors.
Position Type: Full time 38 hours
- Follow directions from the Lead Keeper/Reptile Curator.
- Knowledge and experience of the husbandry, care, diets and exhibit design of a wide range of native reptile species;
- Knowledge and experience in correct capture, restraint and handling techniques of various native reptile species including competence in handling venomous snakes;
- Behavioural observations, record keeping, training and conditioning.
- Assist Veterinarians with consultations as required.
- Must be comfortable presenting shows for live audiences.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment.
- Self-motivated individual who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of Two years’ experience with reptiles and amphibians in the zoo or Private industry.
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be willing to work weekend, weekdays and public holidays.
- Applicants must be physically fit and active.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Experience in Record Keeping.
- First Aid Certificate.
- TAFE Certificate III in Captive Animals or Equivalent.
Featherdale is an equal opportunity employer and consideration will be given to all applications, however, due to the high level of applications, only those progressing to interview will be contacted.
For more information about Featherdale Wildlife Park visit www.Featherdale.com.au
If your skills and experience meet the essential and desirable criteria, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and application letter to
Applicants are required to have a permanent work visa or be an Australian Citizen for this role.