Love wildlife? Love tourism?
Want to work in the world-famous Wildlife Habitat, an award-winning tourist attraction?
Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas is seeking a Part-Time Crocodile and Reptile Keeper, to join our team.
Wildlife Habitat, Port Douglas, offers guests a truly Australian encounter with our native animals in mixed immersion exhibits – our wildlife keepers are a core part of this unique experience.
The individual will have the following skills and must have proven experience working with large adult estuarine crocodiles.
Please address the following selection criteria in a cover letter with your resume.
- Minimum 2 years proven experience working with estuarine crocodiles, both juvenile and greater than 3m in length
- Proven experience in the capture and restraint of estuarine crocodiles greater than 3m in length
- Minimum 2 years working with a variety of native reptile species
- Excellent presentation skills
- Can work well unsupervised
- Can work as part of a team harmoniously
- Is highly motivated
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols
- Excellent observation skills
- A manual driver’s licence is essential
- Q fever vaccination
- Ability to work over a 7-day roster
- Experience working with native mammals and avian species
- Experience in the mentoring and training of inexperienced staff and volunteers
- Supervisory skills highly regarded
All applicants must address all the selection criteria (both essential and desirable) in a cover letter. Apply now by sending your resume complete with a covering letter.
PO Box 1230, Cairns. QLD 4870;