Mogo Zoo is a privately owned zoo that supports an amazing collection of endangered and exotic animal species. On the coast and just 10 mins south of the popular coastal town of Batemans Bay, the zoo is spread over many acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.
Mogo Zoo is seeking an experienced individual to assist with the everyday operations and overall progression of the business. Reporting directly to the general manager the operations manager will be responsible for the upkeep and day to day operations of the zoo. This is a full-time position that will take a committed person with a passion for animals and conservation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and adhere to the operations budget.
- Keep track of staffing requirements.
- Assist with implementation of species management plan.
- Oversee construction and maintenance of exhibits and other facilities.
- Implement and improve processes and procedures in order to achieve set goals.
To be considered for this position candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum five years experience in a management role within a zoological garden or related industry.
- Strong knowledge of captive management/husbandry of exotic species.
- Self-motivated, organised and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in constructing and maintaining exhibits.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to give direction and organise staff effectively.
- A current manual driver’s license.
- A working with children check.
Salary will be in accordance with skills and experience
If you wish to apply, for the above positions please email your CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org.