Full Time Position as Mobile Zoo Presenter and Keeper
12 Month Contract with possibility to extend.
Shoalhaven Zoo is a family owned business operating on the South Coast of NSW displaying a mix of exotic and native animals.
We are currently in an exciting phase of expansion which has given the opportunity for a new Presenter to join our team. This person will be a member of our Mobile Zoo unit, supporting the Mobile Zoo program by taking animals offsite to a variety of different educational displays e.g. kids parties, corporate events, markets, fairs, centres etc. This person will also undertake days on site at the zoo as a regular keeper, including conducting private tours and experiences as well as educational children’s programs.
To be our Mobile Zoo Presenter and Keeper:
You are a team player, who is willing to assist with other roles within the park as required. This is a physically demanding role, therefore a high level of energy and physical fitness is required to perform manual handling tasks and other physical duties.
Experience is not essential, what is more important is an ability to perform, confidence and a bright and bubbly personality. This is a performing role, which is required to entertain children of all ages as well as adults, in groups large and small.
- You are well organized with a strong understanding of time management
- Must have a current manual Driver License and current working with Children’s check
- The ideal applicant will demonstrate outstanding communication and public speaking skills, a friendly and outgoing personality as well as a high standard of personal presentation.
- An ability to quickly adapt to a fast paced environment, with a focus on maintaining high safety standards for all animal and public
- Proactive and highly motivated individual
- Flexibility with working hours across a 7day roster is essential as weekend, public holiday, school holiday and night work could be involved.
- Current first aid certificate
- Completed Certificate III in Captive Animals, or currently undertaking
Please include CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and email your application to:
Applications close end of business Friday, 14th December 2018
Applicants that are contacted for interviews must be available to come onsite and be prepared to do a presentation.