SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast, Mooloolaba, QLD
Are you passionate about marine mammals? Would you like to work for a star attraction on the Sunshine Coast managing the Mammals Department? Then we could have the ideal role for you.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast team as a full time Mammal Manager.
About the Role
The role available is focused on ensuring that our guests are having the most amazing experiences and here at Merlin we have a real focus on FUN! Our team members are the friendly welcoming faces of SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for ensuring the continual development and innovation of the Mammal Department. You will lead and motivate the Mammal Team to undertake vital tasks in caring for the 4 different species of pinniped as well as managing, coaching and supporting the team in their continued growth and development.
In addition to this, you will oversee and champion the animal behaviour and welfare training program, guest educational presentations and develop and implement new profound animal encounter programs.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the marine mammal training field or similar
- Proficient knowledge and application of operant conditioning principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of life support system operations and design for marine mammals
- Experience in rescue and rehabilitation of pinnipeds and cetaceans
- Excellent public speaking and visitor services skills
- Excellent observation and record keeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to swim confidently and be able to lift 20kgs
- Hold a Blue Card prior to commencement
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings
- Bachelor degree in biology, zoology, psychology, related field or a certificate in captive animal management or similar.
- Current drivers licence
- First aid or oxygen resuscitation training
For more information and to apply Click Here