Location Knockrow (near Byron Bay Far North NSW)
The Macadamia Castle which is over 40 years old is designated as a State Significant Tourist Attraction with over 200,000 visitors per year. It is an important part of the local community and a favourite destination for parents, school and other groups as well as those holidaying in our idyllic area.
Our animal park of 6 acres has over 95 mammals, birds and reptiles including 18 species of Birds, 8 species of Mammals and 6 Amphibians and 12 reptile species. It is the only one of its kind on the far North Coast of NSW.
We have many exciting features such as
- Nocturnal House
- Kangaroo walk
- Free flight bird show
- Frog Conservation Pod
Currently, we focus on local species and farmyard animals.
Our overall objective is conservation, education and entertainment.
Prime objectives of the role include
- Welfare of our animals.
- Maintaining and improving our visitor experience.
- Improving the quality & variety of our displays.
- Adding new species.
- Creating alliances with local conservation bodies.
- Develop new offerings such as behind the scenes and night experiences
Responsibilities of the Manager include
- Managing 10 Park Staff members including rostering and training
- Maintenance and upkeep of all Park enclosures and facilities
- Compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Customer service
- Continual monitoring and improvement of our keeper talk programmes
Selection criteria we would like addressed in your applications are
- Experience in managing a zoo or section of a zoo
- Experience in Staff Management
- Able to design an enclosure to DPI standards and supervise construction
- At least Cert 111 in Captive animals or a Bachelor Degree in Wildlife Biology or Zoology
- Experience in working with Australian natives mammals and reptiles Design and implementation of animal feeding programmes Monitoring animal health for early detection of problems
- High level of computer competency.
Applications please with cover letter, CV and at least one page addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries please text Tony on 0413 123 000 and he will call you back
Applications close 31 August 2018