Employment status – Full-Time – Starting ASAP
At Adelaide and Monarto Zoo, we’re proud to welcome more than half a million people through our gates each year and we’re not slowing down. With the rollout of our 20-Year Master Plan and a number of exciting projects on the horizon, we’re thrilled to be expanding and evolving our workforce to position us for continued growth into the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE…
The General Manager Visitor Operations will assist Zoos SA to achieve corporate objectives and make the best use of resources by developing and maintaining innovative, effective and forward-looking strategies, practices and procedures. This role will be responsible for overseeing the provision of Visitor Operations at Adelaide Zoo consisting of: Admissions, Membership, Bookings, Catering, Events/Functions, Duty Managers and teams.
The General Manager will provide leadership and guidance for the team by:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of corporate goals and objectives through the management of Visitor Operations employees, services, activities and initiatives, and ensuring that employees are motivated, trained and equipped with relevant resources to contribute to these objectives.
- Developing, implementing and communicating Zoos SA’s strategies and polices to the team(s), management and the wider organisation, and ensuring these are effectively enforced in support of the business plan.
- Providing strategic and operational leadership across the organisation, in line with the Strategic and Business Plans.
- Managing innovative and effective delivery of quality frontline customer service for Zoos SA.
- Setting budgets, providing reports and effectively utilising resources to achieve revenue increases and efficiencies.
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Qualification to degree level or equivalent experience in Business Management
- Previous proven experience as a senior manager within a related field, and background in a relevant Customer Service and/or Visitor Experience management role
- Proven budget management/ income generation abilities
- Demonstrated high-level skills in people leadership, team building, an ability to operate as an agent for change and capacity to support staff through mentoring and development.
HOW TO APPLY…
To view the job description please go to www.zoossa.com.au/careers.
To apply for the role please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page at https://zoossa.expr3ss.com/jobDetails?selectJob=23& attach your resume and any certificates in the education section. This will assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
If you have a strong passion for animal welfare, species conservation, and an eagerness to lead and oversee the operation of a major zoos curatorial team, we would love to hear from you!
No recruitment agencies