The Port Moresby Nature Park is PNG’s leading Botanical, Zoological and Tourism Attraction inspiring through education the guardianship of PNG’s unique natural environment.
Our mission is to connect people and nature by providing a safe and fun setting for immersive nature-based recreational and educational experiences that inspires actions for wildlife conservation and sustainability outcomes as well as actively supporting and participating in conservation and research programs to protects PNG’s wildlife.
Due to the organisations continued success and growth, we are currently seeking to employ a suitably qualified and experienced Commercial Operations Manager.
This full-time management position forms part of the Port Moresby Nature Park Executive Management Team and is responsible for the day to day management of the organisations interface with visitors through all commercial areas which includes, but is not limited to management of the Marketing and Sales Departments as well as the Guest Relations Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Overall management of all visitor services and customer interactions.
- Delivery of approved strategic business plans for the commercial division and ensures effective implementation through department managers and their respective teams using operational work plans with a high level focus on driving increased visitation to the Nature Park.
- Continuously identifying business development opportunities across all areas of the business including private bookings and events, corporate functions, catering services, public events, park visitation, retail sales, memberships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Evaluation of existing policies and procedures across all commercial operations areas and where necessary, works with department leads to develop and implement new procedures to ensure that staff have formal and consistent processes to adhere to.
- Participates as a highly operational, hands on member of the team to support department Managers to achieve their KPI’s
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Leadership experience in a similar industry such as zoos, recreational facilities, museums, theme parks, large retail or hotel type environments
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Proven leadership and team management abilities
- Advanced Microsoft office suite skills, including ability to manipulate raw data, produce statistics, graphs and reports.
- Understanding of print media and graphic design systems
- Ability to manage difficult customers and situations
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability and understanding of the operational needs of the organisation
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Management or similar desires
- Qualifications or experience within tourism or leisure industry highly desired
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary package for the right candidate. This position is open to PNG Nationals as well as non-Nationals.
All applications must include a cover letter addressing the above experience and qualification requirements as well as a current resume with references. Email your application to email@example.com.
The Port Moresby Nature Park is an equal opportunity employer