Featherdale Wildlife Park located in Western Sydney is seeking to appoint an experienced Mammal keeper to join our animal care department. We pride ourselves on providing guests with memorable experiences through excellent customer service and adhering to the highest quality husbandry guidelines. The successful candidate will have previous experience working with Australian native mammals, exceptional presentation and customer service skills as well as exhibitory and husbandry experience.
Position type: Full-time, 38hrs.
Key essential criteria:
- Certificate III in Captive animals or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in the zookeeping industry
- Experience working with native Australian mammals
- Current Drivers Licence
- Must be willing to work weekends, weekdays and public holidays;
- Flexibility required to work outside normal hours when required;
- Energetic and polished presenting skills; and
- Must be able to stand/ walk for long periods and be able to lift and hold animals up to 15kg for demonstration purposes.
- Strong record keeping and communication skills
- Experience in the capture, restraint and handling of native mammal species including macropods, wombats and dasyurids
- Knowledge of eucalyptus species with experience in the collection of Eucalyptus Browse for koalas within the collection.
- Husbandry and naturalistic exhibit design experience
- First Aid certificate; and
- Flexible and positive attitude.
Applicants that do not meet key essential criteria need not apply, please ensure to provide a thorough work history outlining your past experience in your application. Featherdale is an equal opportunity employer and consideration will be given to all applications however due to the high level of applications, only those progressing to interview will be contacted.
For more information about Featherdale Wildlife Park visit www.featherdale.com.au
If your skills and experience meet the essential and desirable criteria, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and application letter to email@example.com applications close 13th December.