Sydney Zoo is a new large metropolitan Zoo currently under construction in Western Sydney with an expected opening date set for the second half of 2019. Sydney Zoo will showcase a broad range of native and exotic animals using modern technology and advanced exhibit design with a strong focus on animal welfare, educating our visitors about animals and their habitats plus their conservation. Environmental and social awareness also plays a vital role in our messaging, focusing on Indigenous culture and human influence on the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting new zoo in the role of Food Preparation Supervisor, utilising your skills in an area that you are genuinely passionate about. This role will commence as soon as possible.
The Food Preparation Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the feed supplies are of high quality, the suppliers are robust and ethical, while also ensuring the supply chain meets the standards required by the Curatorial and Veterinary teams and the senior management. The Food Preparation Supervisor must also ensure feed preparation facilities are maintained to the very highest standard.
Skills, Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Proven experience with managing a small team.
- Relevant experience in zoos, aquarium or the food industry.
- A broad understanding of the needs and complexity of animal food supply.
- Well organised and can work within a fast-moving group of animal care staff.
- Driver’s licence and the ability to drive a manual vehicle (preferable).
- Basic computer skills, preferably with some knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Nutrition training or equivalent experience (desirable).
- Animal keeping experience (desirable).
- First aid certification (desirable).
- White card certificate (desirable).
- Truck licence and/or plant equipment licence (desirable).
Please apply directly via the Sydney Zoo Website Careers Page https://sydneyzoo.com/careers/.
Applicants will be required to provide a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection requirements. Applications close midday Tuesday 30th July 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for all Sydney Zoo positions. If you require assistance, please be sure to contact us by email to email@example.com or by phone to 1800 843 966.
Please direct any requests for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sydney Zoo is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.