The forthcoming Australian Curriculum highlights Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia as a cross curriculum priority. Explore some of the big issues for the people and cultures of our region and how they are impacting Asian environments. The day will enhance your own Asia literacy with ideas for the classroom.
DEECD & CEOM, in conjunction with Melbourne Zoo Learning Experiences, invite teachers to an all day conference to inspire and enable them to plan and implement Asia related curriculum at their schools.
ACTIVITIES FOR THE DAY INCLUDE
- Biodiversity 101 – What is happening in Asian forests? Linking Studies of Asia with the big issues, Australian Curriculum, and action based conservation programs
- Learn about orang-utan husbandry, breeding and conservation
- Asia forest trek and activity challenge that provides rich learning experiences aligned with the curriculum
- Practical workshops that include tools to develop learning opportunities in the domains of Science, Humanities, the Arts and Literacy, using Asian forest species as your hook
- An opportunity to win classroom resources
- Display of Asia related books and teaching resources
- VIT recognised Certificate of Attendance
Date: Wednesday 2 May 2012
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: $49.00* (Payment required at time of booking – includes morning tea, lunch & resources)
Venue: Leopard Lodge, Melbourne Zoo
Bookings: Please contact the Zoos Victoria Sales Team on 03 9285 9406
* Fee subsidised by DEECD and CEOM.
EAATZ Flyer 2012.pdf ( 472.1 KB )