Sydney Zoo is a new, large metropolitan Zoo currently under construction in Western Sydney with an expected opening date set for mid 2019. Sydney Zoo will showcase a broad range of native and exotic animals using modern technology and advanced exhibit design with a strong focus on animal welfare and conservation, educating our visitors about animals and their habitats. Environmental and social awareness also plays a vital role in our messaging, focusing on indigenous culture and human influence on the environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting new zoo in the role of Education Program Coordinator utilising your skills in an area that you are genuinely passionate about. The role will commence in March 2019.
Reporting to the Head of Culture & Visitor Experience, the Education Program Coordinator will be responsible for the creation, implementation and presentation of lively and engaging education programs to Sydney Zoo audiences of all ages, including school groups and the general public.
The Sydney Zoo Education Program encompasses the delivery of both the Aboriginal Cultural Experience and Zoo animal based programs.
Skills, Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- A degree in education, zoology, biology, environmental science or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an educational capacity in a school, zoo, aquarium, nature centre or similar organization.
- Demonstrated experience in program creation and implementation.
- Proven experience in program delivery and presentation.
- Proficient in computers and Microsoft suite of programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of conservation, local area knowledge and indigenous culture (desirable)
- Previous experience with caring for and handling a variety of domestic and exotic animals
- Knowledge of the NSW Curriculum
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with children checks or willing to undertake.
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please visit the Sydney Zoo Website Career Page and click on the advertised position http://www.sydneyzoo.com/careers/.
Applicants will be required to provide a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection requirements. Please include two referees in your application including a recent supervisor or manager.
Please direct any requests for further information to email@example.com.
Sydney Zoo is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.