At Adelaide and Monarto Zoo, we’re proud to welcome more than half a million people through our gates each year and we’re not slowing down. With the roll out of our 20-Year Master Plan and a number of exciting projects on the horizon, we’re thrilled to be expanding and evolving our workforce to position us for continued growth into the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE…
This is a leadership position providing support to the Director of Life Sciences at Adelaide Zoo, and contributes to the development and operation of the organisation by participating as a member of the Life Sciences management team. You will be responsible for managing Adelaide Zoos Curatorial team, and providing oversight for animal welfare and husbandry standards across Adelaide Zoo.
As the leader of Adelaide Zoos Curatorial team, you will:
- Lead and inspire the workforce with input and assistance from the Assistant Curators.
- Establish collection management standards and practices that align with Zoos SA’s Animal Collection Plan.
- Provide high level advice to the Director in planning for the human, financial and physical resources necessary to manage a diverse and changing animal collection.
- Collaboratively support the management of species conservation and research projects.
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated high level skills in people leadership, team building, an ability to operate as an agent for change and capacity to support staff through mentoring and development.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the captive management of a range of Australian native and exotic fauna species, species management systems, and the management of in-situ and ex-situ conservation programs.
- Extensive experience in running projects through their lifecycle, from initiation to conclusion.
- Experience in providing specialist advice for exhibit design and development.
HOW TO APPLY…
To view the job description please go to www.zoossa.com.au/careers.
To apply for the role please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page at https://zoossa.expr3ss.com/jobDetails?selectJob=18& attach your resume and any certificates in the education section. This will assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
If you have a strong passion in animal welfare, species conservation, and an eagerness to lead and oversee the operation of a major zoos curatorial team, we would love to hear from you!