Wellington Zoo is committed to its vision of igniting a Zoo revolution. We care about making connections between animals, people and our environment, while growing love and support for our Zoo. We punch above our weight in leading the way through connecting people with animals, saving animals in the wild and ensuring we’re a voice to be heard.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Animal Care team as a carnivore keeper on a permanent full-time basis. The successful applicant will be responsible for the daily care of a variety of species and habitats within the Zoo. They will also need to be confident in engaging with our visitors.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with a variety of species of carnivores in human care and their daily husbandry. Experience with large carnivores would be advantageous.
- National Certificate in Captive Wild Animals, Certificate in Zoo Keeping or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of behavioural and environmental enrichment techniques.
- The ability to work with limited supervision, solve problems and work well in a team environment.
- The flexibility to work on a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills combined with excellent visitor engagement skills.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. For further information including a position description and application form please go to https://wellingtonzoo.com/careers/vacancies/
To apply please email your covering letter, CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 3rd August 2018