As a peak body, the Zoo and Aquarium Association represents the collective voice of the zoos, aquariums, sanctuaries and wildlife parks across Australasia that operate to the highest standards.
We have a progressive, science-based approach to animal welfare. Using the Five Domains Model, ZAA grants accreditation to zoos and aquariums that have clearly demonstrated their commitment to positive welfare. This approach champions welfare from the animal’s perspective and it underpins all that we do.
ZAA and its members lead over 100 breeding programs in support of conservation and community education. Additionally, we actively contribute to threatened species recovery around the world.
Together, our members enhance the role of individual zoos and aquariums in conserving wildlife. Each year, they connect 22 million visitors with nature, educate 1.1 million students about wildlife and contribute over $20 million to conservation.
As an association, we bring our members together, facilitating shared knowledge and continuous improvement in conservation, welfare, biosecurity, science, research, social and community programs.
About the role: Australasian Species Management Program (ASMP) Support Officer
Permanent full-time role
Based at Mosman, NSW (Taronga Zoo, Sydney)
The ASMP Support Officer supports the Conservation & ASMP Manager in all aspects of regional species planning, including:
- Quality control of ASMP processes and databases including input/ updating / management and maintenance of ZAA’s Collection Planning Operating System (CPOS), website information, CCP/CMP documents and is a key conduit and contact for Species360.
- Assists TAG Convenors with ongoing scheduling of actions relative to TAG action plans
- Studbook support and management including coordinating with studbook keepers to facilitate their timely data quality / management
- Support Manager with population management and monitored species programs
- Support Manager with annual requirements and recommendations reporting, building and delivering reports with analysis and insights as required
- Tertiary qualifications in science, or equivalent appropriate industry experience
- Competence in Advanced Excel
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong initiative
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
To register your interest please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 30 June 2019.