Are you ready to take the next step in your wildlife career?
Are you motivated, service driven and have strong leadership skills?
Wildlife Habitat, Port Douglas is seeking an Assistant Wildlife Team Leader to ensure the smooth day to day operations of our wildlife department. The successful applicant will demonstrate a sound knowledge in all aspects of animal husbandry, strong interpersonal leadership skills and leading by example, in assisting to manage a small team working with Australian wildlife.
Must be experienced and committed, strive to maintain and improve the high standard of professionalism, excellent customer service skills and passion for our native fauna.
Your application must address the following
- Relevant experience as a Captive Animal Professional with Australian wildlife with 3 years min, paid experience as a Wildlife Keeper in the Captive Animal industry
- Certificate III in Captive Animal Management
- Manual drivers licence essential
- Experience supervising and training volunteers/trainee keepers/junior keepers
- Personal attributes to effectively guide a team on a daily basis and enforce policies and procedures
- Excellent Presentation/show skills
- Exceptional observation skills
Q fever vaccination
- Ability to work over a 7 day roster
- Proven experience working with estuarine crocodiles, both juvenile and greater than 3m
- Experience working with ZIMs
- Experience ordering supplies and stock management
- Experience at a supervisory role/position
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!