Full Institution Membership
- An institution holding an animal collection that wishes to access the full benefits available through membership via the Australasian Species Management Program (ASMP) [not including government affairs outside Australia and New Zealand].
- Members will be required to provide information requested by the Board to calculate membership fees.
- New members are to have initially joined as an Associate member for a period of 2 years.
- Members are to have met the requirements of the Accreditation policy.
- Eligible for Board representation.
- Voting rights.
- Access to animal management support: Taxon Advisory Group (TAG) and ASMP.
- All employees have the same benefits and entitlements as Individual members except voting rights.
- Access to full suite of Association portfolios, e.g. PR, external affairs, conservation and research information, representation to Governments.
- Profile for the Institution, e.g. hosting annual conferences, coverage on website, publications and press releases, participation in campaigns.
- Ability to hold CITES I species under the Australian EPBC Act by being part of a Cooperative Conservation Program (CCP), this does not apply to New Zealand Institutions as DOC does not require a CCP to hold CITES I species in New Zealand.
- Opportunity and assistance in staff exchanges, development and networking.
- Members residing in Queensland and New Zealand are automatically members of the Branch.