The 2017 Zoo and Aquarium Association (ZAA) Conference and Workshops will be held on 8 – 11 May 2017 at Sea World Gold Coast.
Preliminary Agenda (subject to change)
Monday, 8 May, 07:00 PM – 09:00 PM
Ice Breaker at Shark Bay (Sponsored by Sea World)
Tuesday, 9 May
Welcome and Keynote Addresses
- ZAA Communication Strategy
- ZAA Socio-economic Report
- ZAA Committee & Advisory Group re-alignment
03:30 PM – 4:30 PM – ZAA Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, 10 May
- The World Zoo and Aquarium Animal Welfare Strategy
- Accreditation in an external and regional context
- ZAA Welfare Accreditation Program 2017 – 2019
- And more….
Thursday, 11 May
- WAZA Conservation Strategy
- Field Conservation Toolkit
- QLD Government Standards
- Environmental Sustainability
- ZAA ASMP Programs: multi-species
- ZIMS R3 (Studbook module)
- Conservation Centres for Species Survival (C2S2)
- Producing food for invertebrates
- Producing and deploying GPS units for wildlife
- Veterinarian SAG (TBC)
- And more….
Registrations will open 27 February 2017.
|FEE (incl. GST)*|
|Member – Full Registration (includes Ice Breaker)||$390.50|
|Member – Day Registration (Ice Breaker not included)||$143.00|
|Non-Member – Full Registration (includes Ice Breaker)||$429.00|
|Non-Member – Day Registration (Ice Breaker not included)||$165.00|
|Ice Breaker (for day registrations)||$85.00|
Full and Day registrations include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Please contact Sea World Resort directly to book your accommodation.
|ROOMS||FEE (incl. GST)*|
|Resort / Deluxe Room||$169.00 / night|
|Premium Room||$194.00 / night|
Interested in Sponsorship or Exhibition at the ZAA Conference?
Please contact the ZAA Office for more details: admin[at]zooaquarium.org.au