Congratulations to all the 2016 Association Awards winners!
On 4 May 2016 ZAA presented 1o Awards at a Gala Dinner in Perth. The Association Awards recognise improvement, encourage innovation and celebrate industry achievement resulting from the dedication and valuable work of our member zoos and aquariums. To all our entrants a special thank you.
- significant advances in animal housing and exhibit design
- off-exhibit facilities that demonstrate innovation and contribute to improved animal welfare
Small Institution, Large Scale Development
Small Institution, Small Scale Development
Large Institution, Small Scale Development
Large Institution, Large Scale Development
Recognises excellence in projects that:
- are well planned
- demonstrate resourcefulness
- include measurable positive outcomes
- are communicated & shared to the benefit of others
- Port Moresby Nature Park – The ‘Sister Zoo’ Capacity Development Partnership
- Zoos Victoria – Predator Avoidance
Recognises outstanding achievement in educational program design.
Education programs are judged on the degree to which they:
- promote awareness of conservation issues
- encourage and promote action
- incorporate innovative ideas
- measurements of program success
IN-SITU CONSERVATION AWARD
Recognises exceptional outcomes in biodiversity conservation in the wild, particularly habitat protection and species restoration.
Award is assessed on:
- conservation gains
- measurable conservation outcomes
- contribution to biodiversity
- Perth Zoo – Black Cockatoo Wildlife Conservation Program
- Kanyana Wildlife Rehabilitation – Woylie Breeding Program